You have rights under Australian Consumer Law. If an item you buy fails to work or do what you asked for, you have the right to ask for a repair, replacement or refund under the Australian Consumer Law. The remedy you're entitled to will depend on whether the issue is deemed as a minor or major issue.
You are not entitled to a replacement or refund, simply because you changed your mind, found something similar cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or if you ordered the wrong item.
As we offer an online retail service, it is your responsibility to ensure you check the item description and size carefully before ordering.
Lodging a Warranty Request
To lodge a claim under warranty conditions you must contact us within 5 working days from receipt of the item. We reserve the right to refuse any claims under this warranty after this period.
To make a claim, you must provide us with a copy of your tax invoice or any kind of proof showing that you purchased the item from us. You need to also describe the problem precisely, provide evidence to support your claim and state whether you are requesting a replacement, repair, refund or credit. This will enable us to review your claim.
At Cotton and Hide, we treat all warranty claims seriously and thoroughly investigates each instance. Our company policy allows members of our team up to 10 business days for warranty claims to be investigated and resolved. Once assessed and approved by our quality assurance team you will be contacted to proceed with the return, refund or replacement process. A refund or replacement will not be provided if items have been misused, mishandled or mistakenly installed. Customers are responsible for following the instructions and advice given by the manufacturers.
When logging a warranty claim, please also let us know the following information:
- Name and email address;
- a brief description of the issue;
- order number, the item name and serial number, if applicable;
- date of purchase; and
- for items that faulty or damaged, photo and or video footage detailing the problem.
Your request will need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write “Warranty Request” in the subject bar.
This warranty is not available for:
- change of mind or incorrect order by you;
- damage due to misuse by you or the user;
- any accessories or bonus gifts, including (but limited to) batteries, carry bags, etc;
- cosmetic damage, to boxes, packaging or exterior surfaces (including during transit);
- damage caused by use with another item;
- damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause;
- damage caused by operating an item outside any guidelines published for use;
- items that have been modified to alter functionality or capability without the prior written permission of Cotton and Hide;
- defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the Item,
- if we believe the item is stolen based on information provided by law enforcement authorities, or where proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) cannot be provided.
Steps and Return Procedure
Please do not return the faulty item to us without contacting us first. For us to assist you, we require that prior to returning goods to us you:
- check the item or items for damages or faults;
- record the damages or faults by picture or videos; and
- email the picture or videos to us along with a detailed description as per warranty return process above.
Where refunds will not be available
As the consumer, when you order from an online store such as ours, it is your responsibility to ensure you check the item description and size carefully before ordering. If you have any queries or wish to contact us, please do so by emailing email@example.com.